Over the weekend my friend hosted a Younique party. This is my first time being introducted to this natural mineral makeup line. I know that the products are sold in Canada via a Younique Presenter who will host a product party or I believe you can buy items online via their website. I purchased the Younique Moodstruck 3D Mascara and below are my thoughts after trying it for the first time. I wore this all day to work, and by the time I got home it was 12 hours later that I took it off.
The mascara comes in a really cute carrying case and within it you find two tubes; one is the Younique Moodstruck Transplanting Gel, and the other is the Younique Moodstruck Natural Fibres, also included is directions on how to apply the products.
Application is in three parts, first the gel to make your lashes sticky to the fibres, next the natural fibres, and then end it off with the gel again to seal the fibres into place. Note, the gel is a nice black and looks good on its own if you wanna go for a more minimal look. Also, for an even fuller look, you can continue you build with the fibres and gel. I only did one full application.
- Very light feel
- My eyelashes looked longer and fuller
- It’s not clumpy! This is big for me because I used to own a few eye primers that would clump, badly!
- It can be a bit messy, so be sure to seal the fibres and use a power brush to remove any excess that fall on your cheeks. I also noticed a bit of fallout during the day, maybe 5 hours in, but I easily wiped it away
- Time consuming (or at least until I get the hang of it)
- Price, $35 CAD is a bit on the pricier side of mascaras
So the question is will I get this again? Likely! I like the idea of using something that is more natural on my lashes and I do like that I can wear the gel on its own without the fibres. I also liked how it lasted longer than other mascaras I’ve tried without making my eyelashes feel itchy. Lastly, I got compliments on how nice it looked (you know it’s good when people actually notice that you’ve done something different on your face!)
I’m still new to this Younique brand, has anyone else tried it?